Sunday, September 4, 2011

Memories from the past

As I free my mind
Go back to what I've done
Will it haunt me again?
Will there be any pain?

And if I want to come back
Help me open my eyes
Tell me how different is it from a dream?
What if I'm not even able to scream!

Closing my eyes to remember what I feel
I'm afraid of my own memories
Can't see a thing in this limitless haze
I'm wandering around in this confusing maze

As I enter subconscious of my unexplored mind
I feel like I'm spinning inside my own head
Tell me is it going to take me somewhere?
Will I ever be able to breathe the air?

Now I'm starting to feel
A rush of blood to my head
Trying to visualize my unknown past
I hope it's not too hard to make it last

Everything seems to be gone
Surrounded by shadows and lights around me
No exit door that I can find
I feel trapped inside my own mind

I see myself like reflections in the mirror
And I don't know what's real anymore
Tell me how long will I have to stay?
Should I ever see myself this way?

I feel afraid to be here and to go back
Haunted by images I see and words that I hear
My body is shaking from what I have to see
And I see blood spattered all around me


I'm holding a knife bathing in blood
I see all the faces that I put to sleep
I feel so afraid, I have to come back
And then all my visions start turning to black

Suddenly I wake up with sweat on my brow
It doesn't feel like a dream anymore
A killer that I was, a killer I'll always be
It was only myself that I didn't see

How to live again when I feel so hollow
So empty and bare knowing the answers
I realize now, when the door is locked and I have the keys
Some things are better left to lost memories

No comments: